dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Pig Children


I have been feeling pretty lazy lately as far as the blog goes, so I'm going to have to dump something on you that's already on the computer that I don't have to take the time to rip. I'm going to make it even easier on myself by offering up something that I know nothing about. This 12" was released in 1985 on Savage Beat (HVY DRT's label??) and I'm not sure where this copy comes from, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that its probably from the Record Collectors Are Pretentious Assholes Volume 2 "Fanclub" CD???? I've never owned this one on vinyl, so its pretty new to me but perhaps not to some of you folks reading along. Its fast and tight with a slight bit of metal in the solos, a real ripper, and it holds up just fine 20+ years later-
Sick
Blood For The State
America's Dying In Her Sleep/Selective Service
P.C.T.
Grand Ole Flag

8 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Leffe said...

Great 12".One member plays in SCARRED FOR LIFE nowadays.
http://www.geocities.com/scarredforlife_00/

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

members have been in adz, bonecrusher, scarred for life and,
on and on and on..................
great o.c.hardcore when it mattered!kerry/love canal

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger E. said...

KILLER stuff! That's the way!! One last glimpse of brillance before HC died.

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous A-Burger, Andrews said...

I heard somewhere that they may now be headed toward doing a recording and a U.S./European tour. I forget where I heard that.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Savage Beatman said...

Go here: www.myspace.com/pigchildren

Maintained by Clyde the guitarist who also started Scarred For Life and also started HFL when ever that was. Mike Kanal played bass as he does now in his band Bone Crusher. Original singer Dennis passed away earlier this year. Rob Slob who sang on this still lurks about, but never sang before or since. They had a demo/cassette release from '82 with Dennis singing that I like even better than this even though it was so muddy sounding.

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous ZEE said...

Nice stuff...Sounds a lot like old Circle Jerks....

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger enki3d said...

"Blood" is a great track! Thanks

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following books Blog, it is cool to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home