dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Where's the damn music????


There has been a lack of posts lately because last week my lady friend (friends for 18 years, dating for 8) were married at "I got Married by Captured by Robots". If you haven't heard, the band Captured By Robots is doing a tour where JBOT actually marries any couple who wants to do it. Both of our parents came from out of town for it and it was a blast (my rather conservative parents were great sports about it)- I highly recommend it if he comes to your town. It was a crazy, sweaty sold out show.
After that we went up to Minneapolis, a town I'd never been to and one that totally rocks. Veggie food aplenty and a very active feel. On the way back we hit the Mall Of America and the IKEA where the picture of the toilet was taken. It made me wonder if something bad had happened that made it necessary for them to add the "display only" guard.
I think that's a pretty good excuse for my slacking off but I'll get back to it soon. Right now I gotta check out the other sites I'm behind on......

13 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Pogel said...

Congratulations to you both.

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Scott said...

Congrats!

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous swampy said...

hey man - well done!
congratulations...

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Congrats to both of you on taking the leap!

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

punks getting married are worse than liberals pro-death penalty .....

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger malfeitor said...

Ah yes, I was waiting for the marriage isn't punk reaction. Personally, I think folks celebrating love with their friends is a damn fine thing to try. Call me a hippie. Neither The State nor God was involved so maybe I can still win some punk points back from the lefties. I'll leave you with this quote-

"I don't believe in marriage. No, I really don't. Let me be clear about that. I think at worst it's a hostile political act, a way for small-minded men to keep women in the house and out of the way, wrapped up in the guise of tradition and conservative religious nonsense. At best, it's a happy delusion - these two people who truly love each other and have no idea how truly miserable they're about to make each other. But, but, when two people know that, and they decide with eyes wide open to face each other and get married anyway, then I don't think it's conservative or delusional. I think it's radical and courageous and very romantic."

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck 'em if they tell you how to live your life.

They are nothing but conformists caught in the paradox of conforming to "non-conformity".

Your marriage is sure to pep up your sex life. Enjoy...

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous stunt said...

congrats! I married my best friend a few years ago and I tell you its the best thing I ever did...its like having a sleep over with your best every night for the rest of your life. Enjoy it bro, I know I do.

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How untasteful - getting married is like a slow castration. Not only sexually; who needs a contract and a promise to bind himself (or herself) to another person? Is it the feeling of security? The promise of happiness? Religious motives?

It ain't got nothng to do with "being punk" or "non-conformist"; it's actually pretty conform in many parts of society not to get married.

It's a matter of taste, really.

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers, to both your marriage and the anniversary of your excellent audio blog.

--Phil

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous john y? said...

yeah marriage aint punk..after all johnny rottens only been married for decades:)marriage aint for me but good luck to you and your girl..and lets face it,there is loads worse stuff in life than two indivuals getting hitched,now go play some uk subs.

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com, an online social networking community that connects people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards, listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is well known that some dating sites turn blind eye to bogus profile in their books



---------------
dating singles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home