dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

RUST

I think with the next few posts I'll stray into some not so punk/hc territory. (R)eally (U)seless (S)atanic (T)rash went into the studios of the University of Missouri around 1989 to help a friend complete a project for a recording class. The premise was to make even the worst band sound halfway decent and he definitely had his hands full with this Spinal Tap influenced abomination. I'm sure there wasn't a sober individual present by the time the first chord rang out and this demo which was never released (why would it be?) was the result. Supposedly from Slovakia, the band actually contained a few members of Season To Risk with no one playing the correct instruments. The sound isn't fantastic since it comes from an ancient cassette (I'm sure there isn't a master) but I'm throwing it out there anyway because a line like "kiss my balls you retarded pig" might be enjoyed by someone out there. Someone? Anyone?.....
Slugfarm Intro/Shit Flood
Smash Compactor
Emotional Deathtruck Fuck
Funhouse Of Fuck
Muffler Burn
Black In Back
Kiss The Anvil
Morphice/Slugfarm Outro
By the way, I'll post a nice pretty flyer when I get my camera back.

6 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger phil said...

I haven't listened yet, but I got a good giggle fit just from reading the song title, "Black in Back."

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous stunt said...

Great post...this stuff is classic. The Back in Black cover is amazing, couldnt of done it better myself!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Eric said...

I'm throwing it out there anyway because a line like "kiss my balls you retarded pig" might be enjoyed by someone out there.

How did you know? After listening to Funhouse of Fuck I can only imagine the look on the face of the person responsible for grading this project.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you remember me but I saw RUST live in a basement once. I bought a t-shirt and I was walking with a cane at the time.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger malfeitor said...

That's funny. If memory serves me correctly it was in Jerry the fireman's basement and at first offer of a t-shirt you claimed, "all I got's fifties". Its a small world on this here internet.

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Carcrusher said...

R.U.S.T reunion is on
6/6/6 @ recordBar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home