dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Angry Red Planet


I picked up Angry Red Planet's 2nd 7" for a couple of bucks the other day and thought about posting it but then I noticed that Something I Learned Today had posted it at one time and The Punk Vault had a short write up about it as well. Since I had already made my mind up to do something on this Michigan band I'm sticking to my guns and going with the previous 7". Too Much Knowledge Can Be Dangerous was released in 1983 and is every bit as good as 1985's Gawker's Paradise. I think both 7"s sound pretty cruddy but the tracks hold up even with the muddy production. Mummy From Hollywood is now stuck in my head as a result of writing this post-
Apathy
Mummy From Hollywood
Going Nowhere Slow
You're One Too

6 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A catchy tune indeed! Again a very good post!

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Little Pigs LP is cool too.

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw these guys in 1985 in New Orleans and they just blew me away.I would love it you would post "Gawker's
Paradise" that has to be one of the best 7"ers of 85. Dave Von

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous vom said...

I agree on the muddy sound, I've got the Gawker's Paradise 7" as well, great songs but sounds pretty flat unless you really crank the volume.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Eric said...

The sound on both is kinda disappointing, but both records and the first LP rock. Never seen or heard the last one, so if anyones has it post already! "Mummy from Hollywood" is great tune, but if I get one ARP song stuck in my head it's "Curling".

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out Angry Red Planet Guitarist/Singer Tim Pak's (aka Joe Rockhead) new band The Salt Miners.
www.saltminers.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home