dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Teenage Head


I don't have much to say about Teenage Head since they are anything but obscure- they are still active, have a website, and unless I'm mistaken they may even have some gold records in their native Canada. A few of their LPs have been reissued on CD by Unidisc (so buy some- import prices, ouch!), but after an extensive search to determine its status it appears to me that their first LP, Teenage Head, is still out of print. What's that go to do with this 7"? Picture My Face and Tearin' Me Apart both appeared on the first full length (at least on one of its incarnations, its been reissued twice at least) but I have no way of knowing if the versions posted here are the same as the LP. Either way, my determination is that these songs are not currently available and come from their 2nd (?) 7" (I think Top Down is their first, with both 7"s being released the same year). That's a lot of trivial blah blah to sit through. Your reward? Two great songs from 1978-
Picture My Face
Tearin' Me Apart

6 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Anonymous murdermissle said...

one the best bands from canada, ever......

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Dan Josuttno said...

Teenage Head are great. Glad to see you covering them here. A month or so back they finally released "Class of 1984" on DVD which includes TH doing "Ain't Got No Sense". Pretty good stuff. Keep up the good work.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger malfeitor said...

I never even realized that. I saw that movie once a long time ago, thanks for pointing that out. I guess I'll have to rent it.

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey OPM(other peoples' music)a label run by Chris Speeding outta Canada released the the Teenage Head album(with an improved mix) a few years back but the label is now defunct, it is still "theoretically" available....

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Great band. I believe that the self titled was reissued in the late 90s. But yeah, it's still hard to find. On Amazon, a used copy of the reissue is going for $130. Ouch.

-Anna
http://pure-mania.blogspot.com

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The album has been digitally remastered and it being reissued in August by Labtronics in Hamilton. Check out www.teenagehead.ca and contact the band about getting the CD for yourself. Should be available all over by September.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home