dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Jerks


Dressed For The H Bomb is sorry to announce the recent passing of our beloved intern Miss Chauncey (pictured to the left). Although she was completely worthless when it came to researching posts she always kept me company while I was writing them. Among her many bad habits was attacking my other dog for no apparent reason, so this Jerks 7" seems like a fitting tribute. You can read all about the Jerks right here and although these tracks come from a bootleg there is a discography CD out on Overground Records that collects the singles and some unreleased material that is worth your $$ (and they have many other fine reissues). From 1977, for Miss Chauncey, here's the Jerks-
Get Your Woofing Dog Off Me
Hold My Hand

9 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Anonymous brian cors said...

Aw man. Sorry to hear of your loss. Thanks for the work you do here - I just started kicking around the various MP3 blogs of the punk/garage variety, and am not disappointed!

-b
[a Pug and a Boston Terrier owner]

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your dog. Anytime you lose and animal friend its like losing a member of the family. Sorry.

kennyhel77

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous stunt said...

malfeitor im really sorry to hear about your dog. very sad when you lose a pet, ive lost a few dogs in my time and it does suck. hang in there bro.
RIP Miss Chauncey.

~Todd

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Eric said...

When it comes right down to it our pets really are our best friends - total unconditional love. Condolences on your pup.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger The Corpse Glide said...

I got two (German Shepard and a Rott) and they are getting up there in years as well as in the "stink and drool" departments. I love them and they piss me off sometimes and I love them, ya know?
Take it easy...

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

losin a dog blows

i got family members i would trade in to have a dog or 2 back

good site

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous JD said...

You have put a big smile on my face, I was on the Leeds punk scene when this came out. One of my favourite covers along with the Cortinas 'Defiant Pose'.

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous JD said...

Oh yeah sorry about your dog (oops).

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger tescosuicide said...

Sorry about the pup bro...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home