dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

E-13


There's no reason for me to talk about E-13 since their history is summed up pretty well right here. I'll just mention that as far as I know this is one of 2 7"s they released along with a track on the Drinking Is Great compilation that you can hear compliments of the Something I Learned Today mp3 blog. This copy comes from a bootleg I forgot I even had in which the song titles were: 1) Wrong and 2) Not even in the right order (c'mon punks, I mean seriously!). I think I've pieced it together correctly and provided you with a cropped scan that came from a copy for sale online if you're one of those punks who've struck it rich. Here's 1984's No Mercy For Swine-
Ode To A Motorhome
Misguided Missile Mouth
Eddie
Sport Pack
Humor Demons
Free The Cheese
Swizzle Stick
Clowns Are Experts At Making Us Laugh

9 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Meandaddy60 said...

Great, great stuff, I had never heard any of this. Yet another one of those awesome bands that layed outside the more well known circle. Thanks for the post.

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting these tracks. I was one of the original members of E-13, I co-wrote most of these compositions (credit appropriated by Lyons) yet i've never had a copy of the record. What a gas to be downloading my own stuff, twenty years later. Keep 'em flying!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger malfeitor said...

You must be amazed at the price your work fetches these days! Back in the day I would have thought someone was crazy for paying $250 for anything.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...well, uh, i wasn't actually aware of that. All can say in reply are the immortal words of Poison Idea: "record collectors are pretentious assholes." ;-)

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger System You Radio said...

Thanks for posting this stuff, I have a worn out cassette of these tunes and appreciate the cleaner versions!

Thanks!

Eric in Eugene

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I remember these tracks being good, but they don't work anymore. What gives?!

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey anonymous,

I'm sure I know you. I was good friends with the original E-13. I don't know what possessed me today to look up this bit of my history - more than 20 years ago! A lot of great memories from that time. A hint of who I am... Girl - took a lot of photos. I have a lot of photos of E-13. cheers

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger JeremiahRain said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Links are not working anymore. bummer
-Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home