dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Broadcast


Broadcast, a Kansas band, released this EP (pretty sure its their only one) in 1982 on Fresh Sounds, the home of Mortal Micronotz. I tried to find more information on them including doing searches of the band members' names and have come up with zilch. Since someone provided a lot of great stuff on the Mortal Micronotz maybe someone can do the same for this band. Personally I could do without the saxophone but I still find their nice jagged midwest art rock enjoyable. I think Zero Hero is my favorite track on here, see for yourself-
Zero Hour
Inner And Outer Vacuum
Sex Demon
Synchronize And Disconnect
Completely unrelated: The other night I stumbled across You Tube, a site I had never heard of that is sort of a clearinghouse of video uploaded by viewers. Imagine my surprise at finding clips of Decline of Western Civilization, live GISM, A club video of Nomeansno playing "The River", ATDI on Conan O' Brien and tons more goodies. Check it out if you've never been to it.

4 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Yeah, sorry -- compared to the Micronotz my Broadcast knowledge is much slimmer. I did send the link towards a few folks who might be able to throw some info your way though. Was good to hear this again after so many years; thanks.

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous stunt said...

Never heard these guys till now...not my kinda thing, but I do like them video sites, thanks for the heads up on that one.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Awesome blog. There are many more blogs out here that feature old punk music than I expected to find. Sweet.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Emerson said...

Youtube is great. I found a bunch of rare Bruce Lee demonstrations, my favorite a slo-mo of the one-inch punch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home