dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Tools (SF)


Here's a band I get really excited about. Not to be confused with Tools from DC (who released one catchy as hell single), San Francisco's Tools released three 7"s, two on Subterranean records and this (their first) on their own Work Records in 1979. They featured Mike Fox of Code Of Honor fame on guitar and that's good enough for me. I don't know that much about the rest of the band, maybe someone else knows what's become of them. I've never heard the 3rd 7" (in fact I've never even seen a copy of it) and although I prefer the Hard Wark 7" I thought I'd post this one so as not to bite on any more Subterranean releases. Here's the Smoke Filled Rooms/Adopted Procedure 7"-
Smoke Filled Rooms
Adopted Procedure

7 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Scott said...

Is the third one "The Road Forever"?

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger malfeitor said...

The third is 1978-1979-1980-1981. Don't know if it's a collection of previously unreleased songs or what, it's a little before my time. It does contain Asexuality in the 80s from SF Underground + 3 others. The Road Forever is the B side of the Hard Wark 7". GREAT single.

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous john y said...

cool trax thanx alot!i'll keep my out for this one.

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great choice. The Tools were a great SF band and released some great stuff. If at all possible, could you do some more Subrerranean stuff? Alot of their releases are not available anymore and it would be a great service to hear some of the stuff that is not out there anymore.

Great Site!!!!

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember I had this 45 when it first came out. This was a great record. The subterranian bands were always good to hear and in the early 80s we on the east coast bought whatever records from the SF bands we could find. Great site.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger malfeitor said...

Check the archives for a few other subterranean releases. Also www.7inchpunk.com has some Sick Pleasure. All the Code Of Honor stuff is now on CD!!!!!!!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger cosloid said...

just found this record, as kaos radio olympia decided to clear out their vault...(?! cost me about a quarter)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home