dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Second Wind


What a great LP this is. Someone was nice enough to hook me up with a copy of this record that I'd been trying to track down again (hmmm, I wonder why- see previous post) and it's as good as I remember. Members of Second Wind were previously in bands such as Minor Threat, Youth Brigade (DC), Double O, the Untouchables and plenty more but I don't recall this record getting much traction here in the midwest. It was released in 1984 on the R & B label, one that I'm not that familiar with, and contains 9 tracks- all solid.
Bitch
I Don't Like To Have To Fight
Above Us All
Knock On Wood
Mr. Suit
Security
Trials And Errors
It's All Expected
No Solution

11 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks fpr all your hard work and effort to share all this music with us. It's very generous of you and i appreciate. Thanks!

-hamandcheese

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Jeff said...

wow, i was expecting something slowed down, like Embrace. But wow, this album is great!

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous derek said...

These are some great tracks. I'd never even heard of these guys and I love DC hardcore. Do they have any other releases?

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger malfeitor said...

This is the only release I know of, although I've heard that there is a demo. Couldn't tell you if it has any songs that aren't on here or if it just contains rougher versions of these.

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

R&B Records was run by Rich Moore and Bert Queiroz (hence, the R & B). They also released the first Gray Matter record (which Dischord reissued).

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger sunshine dealer said...

i loved this record a lot when it came out. one of the cool LV punker grrrls bought it for me for my 16th birthday present. a pivotal and important year for any american boy (or grrrl). 'its all expected'. man... the first emo song. but it was all double o anyway.... i saw them a year and a half later on the southside of bethlehem.

mp3 from this show is here:
http://www.easysubculture.8m.com/downs.htm

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Bill said...

Thanks for posting this hard to find lost gem. I was in a band that opened for them in Harrisburg, PA, back in '84. They were excellent and also truly nice folks.

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous sapila said...

thanks!

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous mike said...

can you reupload or sendspace these? id love to hear this. thanks

 
At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Bill Martinsen said...

malfeitor:

I can't seem to get this to play...need a certain version of windows or real player of something?...love this record, but can't find the actual vinyl...no one sounds as much like Minor Threat except Minor Threat.

Thanks,
Bill
mrmartinsen@hotmail.com

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger derrek said...

ever hear SECOND WIND's demo post this LP? its a million times past it and so much better.
theres a song from a show in bethlehem pa 1985 on my ancient site here(pre blog internets vers 2000):
http://www.easysubculture.com/downs.htm
6 ft off the ground. awesome song from an awesome show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home