dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Law And Order


Law And Order, a DC band, introduced their only record that I know of in 1981 on Fetal. I think if the production was better on this 7" it may have been considered a minor classic, instead it seems to have faded into history. On this release they continue the Hardcore/Punk Rock tradition of having a song named after the band, I imagine one could make a 10 CD set of bands that do this. The only other thing I know about this band is that singer Mike Finnegan is the brother of Void drummer Sean Finnegan. Just a note- there are some weird moments where a song seems to skip, another fades out abruptly, one has a strange effect and still another contains a weird guitar start, but I can assure you that's just how the record is recorded.
Punks Like Us Get Nothing
I Hate Military Road
Teleside
Soldier Of Fortune
Adolescent Aggression
Power
Anything But The Critic's Choice
Self Destruction
IRA
Caught In The Act
Violent Waltz
Law And Order

5 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Biblioot said...

I like this very much. Thanks!

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous mike said...

this is a great release for '81 standards! VERY impressed. thanks for enlightening me with these guys and their ep. I would've guessed that i would've heard of them, especially being from dc. thx man!

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Scott said...

Hadn't heard this one before, good stuff!

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous andrew said...

Totally cool - i used to have this ep, sold it and missed liked crazy for, um, at least 15 years!!! Nice one :-)

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Arrak said...

This was a fave in Manhattan Beach in '81. I thought they were from the midwest cuz that's when we were all into the Necros and Process of Elimination. This rocked the South Bay and I remember going across the street to Mark Roberts' house and listening to it. Fletcher from Con 800/(and later) Pennywise lived down the block. He probably heard it from Mark too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home