dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

DDT


I really don't know that much about this band other than the fact that they were from (I believe) Atlanta, Georgia. I bought their lone LP Broken Toy in the mid eighties even though the cover art did not lead me to believe that the disc contained within would rock as much as it did, but it was in the punk section and there wasn't anything else new that week so why not. Until recently I didn't even know they had a 7" until I saw it on the (lots of surface noise) "fanclub" release America's Most Hardcore 2. Even though in my opinion the LP is infinitely better, you can still buy it for @$10 while this 7" went for $200 recently (I know I know- rarity counts). My advice is to listen to it here, and then pick up the AMH CD which also contains the LP and some other rarities.
Mr. Rogers Neighborhood
Girls, Girls, Girls
Brave New World
I'm Walking Down The Psychopath
The End

7 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if i remember correctly they had a pretty funny song that made fun of all the other georgia bands,rem, love tractor, etc. that first lp kicked ass.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger malfeitor said...

Yep, that was Last Train to Athens, kind of a goofy song but still rocking. That was one scene I never understood (Athens), or the whole "college rock" type stuff for that matter.

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Corry Lee Smith said...

Ah, yes ... "What the hell's a LOVE TRACTOR?"

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger DasUglystik said...

Love tractor indeed-

Tis I, Jimbo of "DDT"
Thanks for the kind remembrance-
drop me a note if you want some new tunes from me and Rob from DDT-we're out here in Austin, TX tryin to rock once again...

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger malfeitor said...

I've always wondered if it amazes members of bands that their 7"s would one day go for $200? Does it just blow your mind?

 
At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to hang at the metroplex, and ddt and neon christ AND mr cornwell are forever part of my teenage music memories!!! those were the days.

 
At 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer, these tracks stopped working....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home