dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

SF Underground Part 2


Here's the second 7" of SF Underground bands from Subterranean Records released in 1980. This one has Spikes, The Lewd, Society Dog, and Undead. I think every band on here turns in a great track. Spikes I know nothing about. The Lewd have plenty of info here, and for more info on the Undead you can check out their website. I recently did a post on Society Dog so I wont say anymore about them. The Undead link mentions that every band on here is somehow connected to them (shared members, etc.), but I guess every local music scene seems to be that way, doesn't it? Enough chatter.......

tracks removed to free up space.

4 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Clovis said...

Thanks for these two great S.F. posts, and for the Society Dog one from before. Like you say, the S.F. scene was completely incestuous and inbred, like most good scenes I guess, and these records are like the musical DNA for that time and place (except the Kennedys, maybe, but I never liked them as much as the Sleepers, say, or Sick Pleasure, or the other bands that evolved from the ones on these records). Thanks again.

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you very much

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Vultch said...

Been searching for these for a while....thanks a whole bunch....

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger soap + water said...

im the daughter of one of the members of the spikes, im wondering if i could get the music file sent to me, if possible. that would be awesome. my dad has tapes, but nothing online and accessible to friends/other people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home