dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Monday, October 10, 2005

The Cortinas


I'm going to have to make this post short and simple since the city is on me to fix up my house and it's all I've been working on for about the past two weeks. I'm very sleepy and I've got to have it finished for housing court this Friday so let's get down to business. The Cortinas released two great singles before receiving a revamping for their CBS debut followed by a descent into obscurity. There's some good information about them available right here (including a photo of their guitar player who enjoyed a stint with the Clash), so there's no need for me to elaborate. Both sides of the Fascist Dictator 7" from 1977 are worth a listen-
Fascist Dictator
Television Families

9 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Pogel said...

I have the 12" version of the next single Defiant Pose/Independence. The first single is better. They get more diluted as fame and fortune beckoned.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger malfeitor said...

Anyone know if there is any difference between the 12" version and the 7"?

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Pogel said...

If anyone has the 7" maybe we can compare. The 12" is Step Forward SF6. Defiant Pose is 2.41 long and Independence is 3.10. I am thinking of setting up a blog. Which site would be best to put music files on and is there any cost involved?

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Rick said...

The 7" of Defiant Pose/Independence seems to be the same as the 12". I completely agree that Fascist Dictator was their finest hour, or rather, finest two and a half minutes. Nothing else comes close.

http://toestubber.com

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"stint with the Clash"?!?!

apparently the kids today regard the post -Mick Jones album as the real thing.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anybody know if this is worth anything?

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS SINGLE IS WORTH A BOMB - A REAL COLLECTORS ITEM COS ITS RARE AND BECAUSE OF ITS SKINHEAD / NAZI INTEREST (PRETTY MUCH LIKE SCREWDRIVER'S "Better off crazy".

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Fred G. Sanford said...

hey POGEL-

a blog?
is it up yet?

I wold use Badongo site to put up music if I were you. free.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Fred G. Sanford said...

damn.
I think I still havethis single in my shoebox.
on to e bay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home