dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Big Stick


One record I can't get enough of (and sleazegrinder agrees) is the 12" Big Stick released in 1986 that combined their first 7" with 2 new songs (well, they were at the time) on Blast First, sometimes referred to as the Drag Racing 12". I have no idea what would have prompted me to pick this up when it came out since it was unlike anything else I was listening to. It holds up well 20 years later and this 12" and the Crack Attack 12" (released on Buy Our Records of all things) are available together on one CD entitled Crack n' Drag. This odd duo is still at it and you can purchase their CDs, check out a lot more mp3s and read all about them on their website. I don't think the vinyl is still in print but I see it around used stores from time to time (maybe that's a bad sign?).

tracks removed to free up space.

3 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Anonymous fnordboy said...

What I say!? What I say!? Tubetop, tubetop. God I used to love this record, and was convinced that no one else did. I'd often include "Dragracing" on mixtapes for people . . . nary a thank you. I too picked this up on a lark - maybe I liked the graphix, who knows - but as I sold off way too many great records in order to eat, pay bills, etc., this is one I have kept ahold of. I haven't listened to it in a while -- but I'll be pulling it out again soon. Maybe my four-year old will dig it.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. I've still got my 12" of this. Falls into the category of music that sounds like the kind of stuff I never listen to but I like it anyway.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Biff Laidlaw said...

Crack Attack, I want my money back. Drag Racing... Drag Racing...
File this next to Warlock Pinchers and Unholy Swill. Classic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home