dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Sideshow


This Nebraska band played music in the posthardcore/emo-ish vein (for lack of a better term) during the early nineties. If you like this kind of stuff (I do) they were one of the best at it, and one of the most underrated. I believe they released 2 7"s, an EP, and two albums (1993's Eggplants & Sunspots and 1995's Lip Read Confusion). They have been an on again off again band ever since, and I'm unsure of what their current status is. Bass player/vocalist Bernie McGinn runs Caulfield Records which released most of the Sideshow recordings and the Daily Nebraskan recently ran an article featuring information about his label. My apologies for not crediting the photo, I can't remember where I got it from.

tracks removed to free up space.

5 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger -kw said...

nice.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger bluno said...

Thanks for the love! Sideshow played a couple reunion shows in 2003. Much fun!

Your taste on this here blog is impeccable!

No Trend! Rhythm Pigs. GISM (ENLESS BLOCKAIDS!), Nip Drivers, Code Of Honor, Upright Citizens (saw them play in lincoln in 85, or so.. amazing!) - stuff straight out of my own record collection and history.

If I find a better scan of that pic I will send it to ya.

Bernie

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger malfeitor said...

Maybe Bernie can fill us in on what Sideshow recordings are in print, they all rock.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Biff Laidlaw said...

Sideshow was absolutely KILLER at a basement show in Kalamazoo circa 1991. It wasn't until much later that I discovered their first 7" from 1990. Alot different from their later stuff. "If The Shoe Fits"... wear it! Raw Husker Duish hardcore, fucking GREAT. Reminds me of MANNEQUIN BEACH, GARDEN VARIETY, and HOSTAGES OF AYATOLLAH.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Biff Laidlaw said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home