dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Taang! Reissues


It's always nice when someone takes the time to put long gone vinyl on a comprehensive CD so you don't have to pay dumb ass prices to hear it. I ripped these tracks from vinyl before realizing that Taang records has done this with two of my favorites, Nip Drivers and Battalion Of Saints. The Nip Drivers CD combines Destroy Whitey (where these tunes are from) and the equally good Oh Blessed Freak Show. Death R Us (the B.O.S. disc) includes Fighting Boys and the classic Second Coming LP + some extra goodies. Their metal tinged hardcore made for a great live show. I believe both bands periodically play out but I'm not sure how active they are overall.

tracks removed to free up space

4 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Huh... Didn't know the Nip Drivers stuff had been reissued either. Sometimes Taang gets the reissues right (i.e. Proletariat), sometimes they screw them up (SSD)

This is a nice site. I'll be linking you up next update I do

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger haizman_brain said...

I love that the Nip Drivers records weren't messed with (unlike the BOS tracks, some of which were re-done in the studio).

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger malfeitor said...

I've only had the vinyl, I didn't know they redid some of the BOS tunes. Which ones were they?? I think they should have left it the way it was but that probably goes without saying.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger haizman_brain said...

They didn't redo more than they "enhanced" some of the tracks with extra doubling of vocals and added some extra kick drum in certain spots.

The Circle Jerks CD of Wild in the Streets cleans up some of the "1-2" intros on some of the songs. I still prefer to listen to an old tape to hear the "orignial" versions.

The Minor Threat CD's "Cashing In" song is also a diffent mix than the Out of Step ep. I shouldn't bitch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home