dressed for the h bomb

some punk, some not. don't want your stuff on here? all you have to do is ask.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

GISM


If you were like me you heard the Japanese band GISM on the P.E.A.C.E. compilation and thought to yourself, "what the hell is this?". I couldn't explain why I liked it, it just seemed weird and different and had that gloom metal edge. The fact that little info about the band seemed to exist made them all the more intriguing. As far as I can tell they produced 3 LPs and had some compilation tracks, followed by a bunch of bootlegs of the LPs. I prefer their first 12", Detestation, while some of the more hardcore fans seem to favor M.A.N. which leans more to the metal side. Here's some tracks from Detestation.

tracks removed to free up space

5 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger DarrenTX71 said...

There is also a rare re-issue of the first LP on CD out from Germany. It came out in the very early 90s and contained two bonus tracks. They are the ones that appeared together as one song on some cassette compilation from Japan in the early 1980s. Apparently when they originally appeared one song was in left side and the other in the right and they played simultaneuously unless you physically muted one side at a time.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger malfeitor said...

I think it was called The Punx cassette, i've never actually heard it. Sometimes reissues are as impossible to find as the originals. Detestation itself seems to go for @150 bucks.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Darren said...

I have had several copies of the Lp for that reason. I usually end up selling them becuase we need money. The German CD is a quality re-issue not a boot. It has some great and disturbing artwork. I think it is worth the money when compared with one of the many boots.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger robashito said...

Oh GISM, I used to teach Sakevi english back in late 80's when I lived in Tokyo. I was involved in the whole punk scene back then with the likes of LIP CREAM, GAUZE, GIL, SYSTEMATIC DEATH and etc and Jha Jha from LIP CREAM asked if I wanted to teach english to Sakevi. I was like: "ofcourse"
With all the stories you heard about him, it took a few visits to really realize he was quite a gentle soul and highly intelligent. I personally didn't care for the GISM sound - too metal in my opinion but let's face it, they have a strong following and this is with limited access to their recordings.

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Bacilli said...

You should really put these back up. I've been looking everywhere for this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home